Here is Room 8 and the rest of the Puriri Team doing the Bird Dance as part of folk dancing for fitness. If you'd like to try it, check out Ernie's instructions!
The Bird Dance
This is how to do the Bird Dance.
You will need: a partner, folk music, a stereo.
1. When the music starts, put your hands up near your face and make birds beaks with them. Clap the beaks four times in time with the music.
2. Put your hands in your armpits and flap like wings four times.
3. Wiggle down to the ground and back up once in time to the music.
4. Clap four times.
5. When the music changes, link arms with your partner and go around in circles. When the music changes again, switch arms and go around the other way.
6. Repeat all the instructions from the beginning until the music stops.