Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recount writing: assembly

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing


Today Room 10 went to assembly.  We walked to the assembly hall at Saint Columbus.  Mr Barker gave a korero where he told us some stuff.  He said that Grey Lynn School is a lovely school.  The most exciting thing was that Room 10 won the class flag for the best class.  Max went up and held the flag for our class.  We also sang some songs, which were the national anthem and on top of spaghetti.  The assembly was a bit long, so when it ended I felt tired because my legs were folded underneath me.  When I stood up they felt good because I stretched them.  We walked back to school in a wiggly line like this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/.  It was really fun!  When we got back to school, we got to raise our class flag on the flagpole with Mr Barker's help.  It was a good day.

By Stella

3 comments:

  1. Well done Room 10 on being the best class at assembly. What is Saint Columbus? Is that the name of your hall? Lots of children here get tired from sitting down for a long time in assembly too. Keep up the great writing Stella.

    Miss Lavakula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stella
    I enjoyed reading your assembly recount and hearing about Room 10 winning the flag. I was wondering what you did that made you the best class in the school? I noticed that one of your photos had someone playing the violin. Do you have a band play at your assembly?
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello room 10. I was very proud of us winning the flag! Well done to us. Great writing Stella. See you at school tomorrow. From Amy

    ReplyDelete