Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kauri Team Wheels Day

BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing
Today the Kauri Team (Rooms 8, 9, 10 and 11) went to the court because it was wheels day.  You needed to bring stuff that had wheels and a gold coin, and we all wore green because that's our team colour.  After we got there, we got to ride our wheels around on the court.  Some of the kids didn't bring any wheels and so they went on the playground.  Mrs Hamilton turned some music on when we were riding.  It was lots of fun.  Then Ruth handed out the prizes for people wearing the best costumes.  I didn't get a prize because I wasn't the one wearing the most green.  At the end we went back to our class and headed to the pool for swimming.  It was a fun day.
By Jennifer.
For wheels day, we had bikes, scooters, roller skates and skateboards.  Some kids brought remote controlled cars and toy cars.  I have a bike and I wore green when I rode it.  It was so cool.  I really enjoyed it until I fell off my bike.  That hurt.  But after that, I got back on and it was fun.
By Phoenix.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer and Phoenix
    I enjoyed reading your recounts - it sounds like Mrs Hamilton had a great idea for you all.
    When I first saw that you were wearing green I thought this must be a St Patrick's Day activity, but then I read more carefully and saw that it is your team colour.
    Falling off your bike on the hard court is not much fun though Phoenix.
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer and Phoenix
    What I like so much about your report is that I didn't attend Wheels day but after reading your written work I think I would know exactly what it was like! Whoever did the photographs did a wonderful job and that really helps you get a good understanding of what went on.
    Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Holiday

    I spent my Easter holiays at Mount Maunganui with my family. We stayed at an apartment right across the road from the beach. We spent most of the time in the pool. We saw my friends and my cousins while we were away. I also spent some time tromping around my grandparents avocado orchard. We collected shells and other things off the beach & when we got home we hot-glue gunned them into special arrangements. I got a giant easter egg and it accidently rolled out of the fridge and went crack on the ground. Bits of chocolate ended up all over the floor. I walked on the beach for over a mile which took two hours.

    Phoenix Katjana Eagle

    ReplyDelete