Yesterday Room 8 made jelly out of jelly crystals and water. We were trying to see if hot water or cold water mixed our ingredients faster. We are learning all about mixtures and how when two or more things are mixed they can make a new substance.
If you would like to do this experiment, you will need: some jelly crystals, hot and cold water, some cups and something to mix with.
1. Put a few jelly crystals into a cup.
2. Pour hot water into the cup.
3. Watch and see how much of the mixture has dissolved. Smell the mixture to know the difference.
4. Stir the mixture, observe the colour.
5. Repeat the process with cold water.
We found out that hot water made the mixture mix faster without being stirred. We also found that the two mixtures smelled different!